Slider

HOW TO DESIGN A DRY BRUSHING ROUTINE

Friday, March 7, 2014

So I decided to do a post on something I just started doing this week...
DRY BRUSHING!

I have been seeing things all over the internet about dry brushing and all its amazing benefits. 
So I decided to get on the bandwagon to see what all the super big fuss was about. 
I've always been a big fan with things that I add to my health care routine that is NATURAL & that serves many different PURPOSES to my health since I'm always stretched for time. Not to mention that it's super cheap and incredibly fast.

THE MANY BENEFITS INCLUDE...

Opens your pores
Releases toxins
Promotes circulation
Helps get rid of cellulite
Gets rid of skin cells
Exfoliates your skin

Since I've only just began dry brushing I haven't seen the full extent of these benefits but already I've noticed that all the flaky dead skin cells I would see on my skin after getting out of the shower are gone! Which is really great news for me because I get incredibly dry skin on my legs.


1. Choosing the Dry Brush
First you want to purchase a dry brush. I purchased this one from Amazon.com and this specific brush is great because most brushes have bristles that are too stiff and can be too harsh. 
You also want to make sure you get a brush that uses natural bristles, no synthetic bristles!

2. Method
Also note:
  • You may want to brush in the shower or over a towel so you don't get dead skin cells all over your nice bathroom floor (if you're like me your already getting a nice layer of hair on the floor already).
  • I've heard that it is good to dry brush once or twice a day. I've been just doing it once daily in the morning before I shower but might eventually adding it to my nighttime routine also.
  • Don't brush over cuts or broken skin

3. Science
You've probably heard that your skin is the largest organ in your body which stands to reason that your skin is one of the biggest ways that you can get rid of waste from your body. When you dry brush it increases the circulation in your lymphatic system which is part of your circulatory system . This results in more energy and giving your skin a natural and healthy glow while detoxing your body! Triple whammy. The dry brushing method has been used since Ancient Greece so you can be sure that this method has been has been tried and used for hundreds of years.

So give it a try and please let me know your results!
Let me know how long you've been doing it and if you have noticed healthier skin or more energy :)




No comments :

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogger Widgets
Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design