Slider

THE YEAR OF THE HORSE

Monday, March 10, 2014

What do these people have in common? They are all horses!
If you were were born in the year 1919, 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, or 2002 then you are a horse...on the chinese zodiac.

I'm so excited that this year is the year of the horse! It only comes around every 12 years. And if you're not a horse, don't worry your year will come or maybe you just had your year. For kicks, if you want to learn more about your sign click here
Horses are often described as being popular, good speakers, self-reliant and great for motivating others. Horses can be also stubborn and impatient when working with others. I hope I resemble the good horse qualities and not so much the bad.

So in honor of the year of the horse I decided to showcase some of my favorite horse interior designs and decor.


First off, I had to share these examples of horse fashion with you. As you can see there are a lots of great choices of apparel to show your horse pride. If you want a long horse mane on your sleeve you can buy this sweater by JC de Castelbejc for $725. If you like this sweater say Yay!, if not, say Neigh!. The sweater on the right I really love and is something I would wear. I think it's kind of funny that her hair is covering the horse's face in the picture.




This horse statue is great! It reminds me of the knight chess piece and would make a great bookend! You know me, I'm all about utility.



You know what I love about indoor barn doors? Everything. The look of the natural wood, the clean lines, all while having a rustic charm. It also reminds me of a western version of Japanese sliding doors. Even though there are no real horses behind these doors, they easily welcome any great horse decor item to compliment their attractive architectural features.






Call me crazy, but I think this horse lamp by MOOOI is amazing! Just look at the size of the thing! I probably would put it in an office setting with a large window instead of a living room myself. I know it's a bit unnecessary and a little silly with the lamp shade right above its head but I think it's super fun. You can only buy this lamp from a distributor which means its a pricey, designer lamp but I am tempted to find some way to make my own replica! It's probably beyond far beyond any skill I possess but it would sure be neat to make one.
   
 
It was sure fun to learn more about my horse sign and to be able to focus on the charm that can come with adding horse elements to the home. I even want to get a horse item for my desk at work now! As for the horse sign itself I've always I felt that the zodiac signs never define any one person. Some characteristics about the horse does match my personality but a lot of them do not. I'm married to a rabbit which is supposedly a big no-no because we are supposed to not get along, which couldn't be farther from the truth! It just comes to show you that there is no cookie cutter mold that can define any group of people. We are all our own individual selves with different talents and abilities. We are all different down to the smallest pony.

 via







People at top of post:
Top row, left to right: Jackie Chan (love Jackie Chan!), Emma Watson (amazing actress), Albert Einstein (genius & true to himself)
Bottom row, left to right: Nicole Curtis (host of the Rehab Addict on HGTV, fabulous down-to-earth gal), Denzel Washington (love his movies), Oprah Winfrey (very inspirational lady)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogger Widgets
Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design