Slider

PRODUCT REVIEW : MASKCARA MAKEUP

Saturday, March 15, 2014


One of my favorite bloggers recently released her very own makeup line. Cara from maskcara.com focuses on many different amazing techniques on applying makeup, one of which includes looks that are fresh and natural. I had the opportunity to meet and chat with her at a Pinners' Conference Salt Lake City, Utah; which featured different popular bloggers who live in Utah. These cute bloggers taught classes that went along with what they post on their blogs. Cara's class was a hit with her insights of makeup application. I also have to tell you that she is one of the most genuine people I've ever met and I look up to her a lot. 

So I decided to share with you my thoughts on her new released makeup which includes foundation, (which couples together foundation, highlighting & contouring all in one compact), a cream blush and illuminator.


IIID Foundation
Let me first tell you that Cara's makeup is something that I've been looking for a long, long time without even realizing it! I just about died when she first explained the concept before she released her makeup. Foundation, contour and highlight all in one. Yes! Yes! Please yes! Please, DO combine all those steps into one!, I thought. 

The way it works is that you first apply the darker shade to your brush and apply it to the hallow part of your cheeks, temples and sides of your nose and wherever else you would normally apply your contour. Then you apply the highlight everywhere else and blend everything together. To watch her explanation on how to apply the foundation, click here. Her foundation comes in 3 shades: light, medium and dark. I use the dark shade because I have a darker olive complexion. I assume its called an 'olive' complexion because it means your skin resembles olive oil? Never quite understood the term. The highlight color is both warm and complimenting! It brightens the look of your skin and gives you such an amazing, natural looking glow. You feel like a sunbeam walking out of the house.



The darker contour color defines your face without making you look orange which can happen when you use bronzer; which is what I used to use to contour with. As you can see from the picture I've gone through the darker, contour color a lot more quickly than the highlight color. Maybe it's because I like to have more contour to add more contrast to my face. This makeup has lasted me almost 2 and a half months up to this point. I figure the darker shade may last me another month or more if I make it stretch. The highlighter will probably last me another 2 and half months.



Cream Blush
I just love, love, love, LOVE this cream blush! I've always just used powder blush and without fail they always made my skin look super cakey. This is the strawberry shortcake color and it blends great! Also, it wears amazingly! I could never get any of my other blushes to stay on the whole day. The container and applicator are exactly like a lipgloss; which makes it really easy to apply. I'm not quite sure how much I've used so far because it's hard to look inside and tell.




Illuminator
Honestly, I really don't use the illuminator very much just because I have oily skin and I feel that the illuminator makes my skin a little too shiny instead of more matte. Again, it's still another great piece to her makeup line and wears well. The illuminator also comes in a lipgloss-like container.


RECAP

1. Combining foundation, contour & highlighter makes applying quick and easy.
2. The different shades, including the blush, match my skin tone perfectly.
3. Everything wears great all day.
4. Price: pretty reasonable considering there is nothing like it on the market.
5. Has worked great on my acne prone skin. Doesn't dry out my skin out or makes it more oily.


So all in all I give the Maskcara makeup line.....drum roll please...




4.999 OUT OF 5 PAINTBRUSHES!

I have to say that I love this product and am grateful for Cara who I know worked hard to bring this product about. She wasn't afraid of coming out with something really different and new. I didn't give it the full 5 paintbrush rating just because it didn't last quite as long as I thought it would and I would have loved the contour shade to have been a smidge darker. However, I do know it varies with everyone. Thanks so much for reading my product review and hopefully it was helpful. I definitely recommend you get some and you will fall in love with it as much as I have.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts with me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blogger Widgets
Hover to Pin
 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design